Brand NamesBacitracin Ointment
What is Bacitracin Ointment
Bacitracin Ointment is a medicine that is used for treating external eye infections. It works by stopping or preventing bacterial infections of the eyeball by either killing susceptible bacteria or inhibiting their growth.
Side effects of Bacitracin Ointment
You may experience minor blurring of vision. But if you have any of these serious symptoms it is necessary to visit your doctor immediately:
- severe allergic reactions (rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue);
- burning, redness or swelling of eyelids;
- changes in eyesight;
- worsening eye pain.
Bacitracin Ointment is used for treating external eye infections.
Before using Bacitracin Ointment you should inform your doctor if you:
- are pregnant, tryng to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation or dietary supplement;
- have allergies to medicines, foods or other substances.
You should squeeze a thin strip of ointment into the pouch. After using the medicine, gently close your eyes and keep them closed for 1 to 2 minutes.