What is Bumetanide
Bumetanide is a medicine that is effective for treating fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome. It prevents your body from absorbing too much salt, allowing the salt to instead be passed in your urine.
Side effects of Bumetanide
Side effects of Bumetanide are the followings:
- muscle cramps;
- upset stomach;
But if you have any of these serious symptoms it is necessary to visit your doctor immediately:
- rapid, excessive weight loss;
- sore throat with fever;
- ringing in ears;
- loss of hearing;
- unusual bleeding or bruising;
- severe rash with peeling skin;
- difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Bumetanide is effective for treating fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome.
Before using Bumetanide you should inform your doctor if you have:
- kidney disease;
- liver disease;
- a history of heart rhythm disorder;
- an allergy to sulfa drugs.
You should not take this medication if you have:
- severe kidney disease or are unable to urinate;
- severe liver disease;
- if you are severely dehydrated.
The recommended dose ranges from bumetanide 0.5 mg to 2 mg once daily.