Brand NamesAccuHist PDX Drops, Atuss DS, Children's NyQuil, Creomulsion Cough/Cold/Allergy, Creomulsion Pediatric, Dicel DM, Dicel DM Chewables, Entre-S, Esocor P, Kidcare Cough and Cold, M-End DM, Mesehist DM, Neutrahist PDX Drops, Nyquil Child Cough and Cold, Pediatric Cough & Cold Medicine, Rescon-DM, Robitussin Pediatric Night Relief, Robitussin PM Cough & Cold, Triaminic Cold and Cough, Triaminic Multi-Sympton, Triaminic Night Time, Triaminic Softchew Cold and Cough, Triaminic-D Multi-Symptom Cold, Vicks 44M Pediatric, Vicks Pediatric Formula 44M
What is Dicel DM
Dicel DM is a medicine that is used to treat runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, cough and sinus congestion caused by allergies, the common cold or the flu. It is a combination of chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and pseudoephedrine. Chlorpheniramine reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Dextromethorphan affects the signals in the brain that trigger cough reflex. Pseudoephedrine shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose).
Side effects of Dicel DM
Side effects of Dicel DM are the followings:
- dry mouth, nose or throat;
- mild stomach pain, constipation;
- blurred vision;
- dizziness, drowsiness, mild headache;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- feeling restless or excited (especially in children);
- problems with memory or concentration;
- flushing (warmth, redness or tingly feeling).
But if you have any of these serious symptoms it is necessary to visit your doctor immediately:
- fast, pounding or uneven heartbeats;
- slow, shallow breathing;
- confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- severe dizziness, anxiety, restless feeling or nervousness;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness, fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Dicel DM is used to treat runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, cough and sinus congestion caused by allergies, the common cold or the flu.
Before using Dicel DM you should inform your doctor if you have:
- heart disease or high blood pressure;
- kidney disease;
- a thyroid disorder;
- emphysema or chronic bronchitis;
- an enlarged prostate;
- problems with urination.
The recommended dose is 1-2 tablespoons (5-10ml), not to exceed 8 tablespoons in 24 hours. You should take this medication as divided daily doses.