Brand NamesIntegra F
What is Integra F
Integra F is a medication that is used to treat anemia triggered by low levels of iron or folate in the blood. It is also effective in prevention and treating low levels of iron in the blood and to provide a maintenance dose of folic acid during pregnancy. Integra F is include such elements as iron, vitamin, and folic acid combination. The mechanism of action consist of providing iron and folic acid to the body.
Side effects of Integra F
Integra F can cause the following side effects:
- loss of appetite
The medication includes iron, vitamin and folic acid combination that is helpful in the treatment of anemia caused by low levels of iron or folate in the blood. It is used during pregnancy to prevent and treat low levels of iron in the blood and to provide a maintenance dose of folic acid. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
You should discuss safeness of this medication with your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have any other type of anemia
- if you have stomach or bowel problems (eg, Crohn disease, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer), the blood disease porphyria, or other blood problems (eg, thalassemia)
- if you have a bleeding problem or have had multiple blood transfusions
The dose of this medicine should be determined by your doctor. For the better result it is recommended to take the medicine on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating.