Brand NamesAntelepsin, Antilepsin, Cloazepam, Clonopin, Iktorivil, Klonopin
What is Klonopin (Clonazepam)
Klonopin (Clonazepam) is a sedative medication in the benzodiazepine group. This group also includes diazepam, alprazolam, Ativan, flurazepam, and other medicine. Klonopin (Clonazepam) and other benzodiazepines increase the effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid in the brain. Clonazepam also is taken to avert defined types of seizures.
Side effects of Klonopin (Clonazepam)
Thereу are common side effects from Klonopin (Clonazepam) such as:
- upset stomach;
- dry mouth;
- appetite changes;
There are serious side effects while using Klonopin such as:
- confusion, some hallucinations, not ordinal thoughts and unusual behavior;
- hyperactivity, aggressive;
- uncommon eye movements;
- weak or shallow breathing;
- depressed feelings, thinking about suicide or harm yourself;
Clonazepam (Klonopin) is healthy to use alone or as addition in the treatment of the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, akinetic and myoclonic seizures. Patients who have absence seizures clonazepam may be useful.
- There is some risk of the long-term use of clonazepam in pediatric patients. It is important to know because usage of clonazepam effects on childhood physical or mental development.
- Do not use Klonopin during pregnancy cos it may provoke different side effects to the unborn baby. Consult your doctor.
- Consult with your doctor if you have allergy to Klonopin, aspirin, tartrazine.
- If patient have several types of seizures, this medicine may raise the possibility epilepsy. Tell your doctor about it.
- Consult with your physician if you are using other medications combined with Klonopin.
- Breastfeeding - Mothers who are using Klonopin while breast-feeding, consult with your doctor.
- Avoid alcohol during using Klonopin.
- Klonopin block the nervous system. Do not drink.
If you have Panic Disorder
- For adults the usual starting dose is 0.25 mg twice a day. If necessary your doctor can increase your dose.
If you have Seizures
- For adults: The usual starting dose is 1.5 mg per day divided into three doses. Your doctor may increase your dose as needed until seizures are controlled.
- For children: Your doctor will prescribe the proper dose for your child.