Brand NamesAtogal , Atorpic ,Cardyl , Faboxim ,Hipolixan , Lipitor , Lipotropic
What is Lipitor
Lipitor (atorvastatin) refers to the group of medicines as "statins." Lipitor increase the levels of "bad" cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, while increasing levels of "good" cholesterol.
Lipitor is taken to treat high level of cholesterol, and help to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack and heart problem in people with 2 type diabetes.
Side effects of Lipitor
There are common side effects such as:
- diarrhoea, nausea, constipation, abdominal pain or flatulence;
- runny nose;
- bleeding nose;
- pain in bone, muscle;
- regularly headache;
- problems with sleepeng (insomnia);
- rash and itch on the skin;
- back pain;
There are uncommon side effects such as:
- pancreatitis (Inflammation of the pancreas);
- muscle pain;
- hair losing, bad appetite, adiposity;
- Liver problem;
- some changes in blood sugar levels;
Lipitor may be used:
- as basic precautions in person with different risk factors for coronary heart disease (CHD);
- as secondary precautions in person with CHD to lower the risk of myocardial infarction (MI), angina, stroke;
- to descrease in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) the risk of cardiovascular events;
- in the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia, homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, primary dysbetalipoproteinemia, and/or hypertriglyeridemia as an adjunct to dietary therapy to decrease serum total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), apolipoprotein B (apoB), and triglyceride concentrations, while increasing high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) levels.
While taking Lipitor® (atorvastatin calcium), consult with your doctor if you have:
- Liver disease or liver failure;
- Kidney disease or kidney failure;
- Any allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives;
Also, consult your doctor if you:
- want to become pregnant or are pregnant;
- are breastfeeding;
- are planning to make surgery;
- constantly drink alcohol;
Adult Lipitor recommended dosage is 10mg or 20 mg once a day. Your doctor has to check your cholesterol levels every 2-4 weeks and regulate the dose. 80 mg is the maximum daily Lipitor dosage.
Lipitor recommended starting dosage (10 to 17 years old children) is 10 mg once a day. Doctor may increase dosage after 4 weeks- maximum of 20 mg a day. According to girls, starting to use Lipitor they must have regular menstrual cycles prior. For children under the age of 10 years old dosages greater than 20 mg a day.