What is Neupro
Neupro is a medicine that is used to treat signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease. It is also used for treating moderate-to-severe primary Restless Legs Syndrome. Neupro refers to a class of medications called dopamine agonists and works by acting in place of dopamine, a natural substance produced in the brain that is needed to control movement.
Side effects of Neupro
Side effects of Neupro are the followings:
- weight gain;
- nausea or vomiting;
- swelling, redness or itching where the patch was applied;
- urinating more than usual;
- runny nose;
- diarrhea, loss of appetite;
- feeling dizzy, tired or weak;
- mild drowsiness or sleepiness;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- blurred vision;
- swelling in your hands or feet.
But if you have any of these serious symptoms it is necessary to visit your doctor immediately:
- severe allergic reactions including sulfite allergy;
- extreme drowsiness, falling asleep suddenly, even after feeling alert;
- nausea, sweating, feeling light-headed, fainting;
- breathing problems;
- unusual urges;
- changes in heart rate and blood pressure;
- severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure;
- hallucinations and other psychotic-like behavior;
- changes in Restless Legs Syndrome symptoms:
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw or neck.
Neupro is used to treat signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease. It is also used for treating moderate-to-severe primary Restless Legs Syndrome.
Before using Neupro you should inform your doctor if you have:
- asthma or any allergies;
- heart disease or congestive heart failure;
- high blood pressure;
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- tremors (dyskinesia) or uncontrolled muscle movements.
You should apply a Neupro patch once daily to clean, dry, intact skin at around the same time every day. The best place to wear the patch is on your stomach, hip, thigh, upper arm, shoulder or the lower left or right side of your back. The Neupro patch is usually worn for 24 hours around the clock.