Brand NamesSoma, Vanadom
What is Soma
Soma is called a muscle relaxer that is responsible for blocking the feeling of pain between the nerves and such organ as brain or reducing painful musculoskeletal conditions. Soma is one of the means of injuries treatment.
Side effects of Soma
If you got side effects after using Soma you must call your doctor. Also you should be given the emergency medical help in a case you’ve got allergic reaction, such as: hives (a skin disease when the person’s skin becomes red and sore); hard breathing; your face, lips, tongue, or throat is swelling. Additional side effects are listed below:
- paralysis (the loss of the ability to move all or part of your body, loss of feeling)
- difficulties with coordination
- fainting (condition in which it is difficult to see, hear)
- heartbeat becomes faster than usual
- seizure (the condition in which somebody cannot control movements of the body which continues for short time)
- regular drowsiness (almost asleep condition)
- vision loss
- dizziness (feeling unable to stand steadily)
- painful headache
- loss of sleeping
- tremor (a slight shaking movements in your body that you cannot control)
- vomiting (bring food up from your stomach though you mouth)
- hiccups, upset stomach.
Is prescribed to cure painful musculoskeletal conditions, for instance muscle spasm
Before using such medicine as carisoprodol, meprobamate, tybamate, or mebutamate you should consult your doctor in order to determine if you are allergic to them. In the case you practiced unusual reaction to carisoprodol or any of the medications listed your doctor must be immediately informed while this products may contain inactive ingredients provoking allergic reactions or other side effects. You are also suggested to be observed by your pharmacist for more details.
In the case you’ve got some medical condition you shouldn’t start this treatment and give all the necessary information to your doctor if you have acute intermittent porphyria.
Before beginning taking this medicine you are sure to tell your doctor or pharmacist about personal medical history (share the information about kidney, liver problems, history of regular alcohol/tobacco/drug abuse, asthma , seizure conditions, dizziness, tremor).
You should follow doses form for reducing muscle spasm or treatment of painful musculoskeletal conditions including Oral dosage:
- As for adults and adolescents:The stated dosage is 350 mg PO (three times a day and at bedtime).
People of advanced age are not recommended to use this medicine Harmless and effective doses for children before 12 years are not fixed.
You shouldn’t exceed the fixed maximum dosage:
- Adults and Adolescents: 1400 mg/day PO (dosage limits recommended by manufacturer for Soma®); up to 1600 mg/day PO offered for carisoprodol combination products (e.g., Soma® Compound).
People of advanced age are not suggested.
Safe use has not been set up for Children.
- Patients who has got hepatic impairment: Dosage must be reduced in the case the patient has got some degree of hepatic impairment, but such reduction should rely on clinical response; firstly carisoprodol is metabolized by the liver.
- Patients who has got renal impairment:The dosage use should be changed based on clinical response and degree of renal impairment. Nevertheless, no quantitative recommendations are approachable.