What is Vesicare
Vesicare is a medicine that is effective in the treatment of muscle spasms of the bladder and urinary tract. Vesicare is a muscarinic receptor antagonist. It can also be effective in the treatment of post-operative urinary retention. It acts by relaxing the muscles in the bladder. It improves your ability to control your urination. It decreases leaking of urine, feelings of needing to urinate right away and frequent trips to the bathroom.
Side effects of Vesicare
Vesicare can cause the following side effects:
- hot, dry skin and extreme thirst
- severe stomach pain, or constipation for 3 days or longer
- pain or burning when you urinate
- urinating less than usual or not at all
The warning signals may also be:
Vesicare is aimed for treating overactive bladder symptoms, e.g. frequent or urgent urination and urine leakage. It acts by preventing spasms of the bladder muscle. This can help to decrease the episodes of urinary incontinence or decline the feeling of urgency that bladder spasms can trigger.
You should discuss safeness of this medicine with your doctor if you have:
- untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma
- a stomach disorder causing delayed emptying
- if you are unable to urinate
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- a blockage in your stomach or intestines
- a history of "Long QT syndrome"
You should discuss the dose with your doctor. The dose may vary deoending in your health condition. The highest dose should not exceed 100 mg dose. The standard dose is 50 mg taken 3 times daily (5 times the maximum recommended therapeutic dose).